Maybe I should of read the readme more carefully.

  • comment out all pam entries referring to pam_sunray_hotdesk.so as Hotdesking seems to be currently broken

So I take it hot desking doesn't work yet... schucks. Hot desking is a must have in my book.

Aaron

Aaron Wilson wrote:
Trying to follow the wiki instructions for Ubuntu 8.10 since it appears others have gotten it to work including the author of the wiki

Right of the bat though I run into problem with the apt-get command when xkb-data-legacy can't be found in the repos.

Package xkb-data-legacy is not available, but is referred to by another package.This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
E: Package xkb-data-legacy has no installation candidate

I even edited my apt sources and uncommented the repos that were commented out in case that deb is in one of those repos.

Maybe I'll have to do an install of 8.10 server and get it configured and do an apt dist-upgrade?

I also checked launchpad in case someone had setup a ppa for that but I didn't see any thing.

Oh well I guess that's what I get for trying this so soon on an unsupported release  :)

Aaron