Yeah I'm slowly starting to figure that out  :)

Title of the wiki led me to download the Server version...

"SRSS 4.1 10/08 on Ubuntu 8.10 Server (i386 and amd64)"

probably should be

"SRSS 4.1 10/08 on Ubuntu 8.10 Desktop (i386 and amd64)"

Aaron Wilson
Ernie Ball, Inc.
I.T. Department
aa...@ernieball.com
(805)544-7726

NOTICE: This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this e-mail
or its contents is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply mail and destroy the
original and all copies of the original message.

Brad Lackey - US-SW Desktop Virtualization Technology Lead wrote:
I believe that the Wiki assumes that you are using the desktop version of Ubuntu 9.04 which includes the gnome packages automatically rather than the "server" version which does not.

Brad