On Sep 15, 6:34 am, Casey <casey.cam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't tried this, but since it is a forward, can you set a request
> attribute that can be accessed by the 404 action?

That's pretty much what I was getting at! The problem is still that
you'd have to set it before calling one of the forward404 functions.
This means things like forward404Unless() would not be so easily
useable.

It would be more desirable if the message passed to forward404
("message") was available, or the exception object - which would allow
for much more flexibility.