Rainer Gerhards writes:
 > >    The PROGNAME part is special, as it is frequently used by relays to
 > >    determine the routing of a message.  As a note to implementors: it
 > >    can be found by getting the visual part before the first occurrence
 > >    of '[', and after the last '\' of '/' part of that segment.

 > mmhhh... I can see the reasoning for this, but do you think we really
 > need to allow [ inside the path? Without it, implementing would be
 > easier. In my experience, parsing strings backwards (as would be
 > required) seems somehow more error-prone than forward parsing (but maybe
 > it's just me failing in those cases ;))

Just to inform:

* It not needed to parse backward. It can be done  in 1 for-loop
  (see my implementation)

* Currerently, several (Unix) programmes use this path approach. The
  log tags like " postfix/local[33282]:"

* I did found posting from this WG that resulted in this idea. I think
  Rainer posted some Window alinke paths as "C\to\Progrmam" ;-)

Hope it help

--
ALbert Mietus
        Send prive mail to:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]