On Tue, 09.06.15 19:19, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson (johan...@gmail.com) wrote:

On 06/09/2015 06:42 PM, David Timothy Strauss wrote:
Let's just try the GitHub tracker. I like how it associates issues with
pull requests and supports auto-linking for commit IDs, user names, and
other issue numbers. Is there any serious use case for systemd upstream it
doesn't support?
I can setup an instance which hooks up to the github for people to tried it
out and test + people that prefer reporting in github can just continue to
do so, Jira imports those issues anyway..
I am pretty sure we should *at least* first get some experience with
github's own tools before we start jumping ship for some facets of
it. We need to understand where the shortcomings are before we look
for something else.

As I mentioned in my other reply Jira would be an addon to github not a replacement.

Atlassian has an product called "stash" [1] which is competing against github.

If people are looking into alternatives for an web-based git repository solutions to github some comparison can be found here [2]

I myself however is more invested in other aspects of the community than which web-based git repository solutions should be used ( what mattered only to me in that area was the move to pull requests since it was an key component for things to work in the long run and voila we have that with github ).

My area of interest is the infrastructure, qa documentation and such is where I see the necessity of laying the correct foundation so we have the room for growth, collaboration as well as it being the place which results in better utilization of individuals contributed time ( developers and others, for example we need to start offloading some work of developers at this point in time by my account ) .

1. https://www.atlassian.com/software/stash
2. http://www.slant.co/topics/1440/compare/~gitlab_vs_stash_vs_github-enterprise