On 2018-11-08 01:48, Frederik Ramm wrote:

The groupings "ABC" and "SSS" seem to be rather informal; other options
would be to group everything in one and call it... well... "Nederlandse
Antillen" is not an official term any more, is it?

Not anymore, not since 2010. It used to be one country within the kingdom, now the 6 islands have their own status (some are municipalities, some are countries).

And "Caribisch Nederland" is just three of the six islands?

Yes, these are the three islands that are municipalities and therefore part of the country the Netherlands. But they are geographically not one entity.

One could also have
separate files for each but they would be *really* small. Is the ABC/SSS
grouping the obvious choice?

I would say yes.

I somewhat dislike the splitting of Saint Martin/Sint Maarten. I figure
that for all practical purposes, a map user would want to load a file
that contains both parts of the island, and it would be cumbersome to
have to pick the two halves out from underneath the Netherlands and
France (especially as there will be some overlap so combining the two
files can be difficult).

I hope that everyone can see that your downloads and splits are based on a convenience level rather than on a political level. I at least would be deaf to political views on this point.

Concerning: Sint-Maarten/Saint-Martin: I would include both in any download. The dataset is so small and it is logical.

Regards,
Maarten