On 11/8/18 9:38 AM, Pander OpenTaal wrote:

> Frederik, thanks for the changes so far. Good to wait with parts of
> Belgium. Also good to stay clear of political issues and only use
> geographic considerations. For me, fine not to split up Saint
> Martin/Sint Maarten.
>
> As for these six Dutch islands in South America, good question on how
> to call these in a geographic way. The name Caribbean Netherlands
> officially only refers to only three of the six islands, see
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caribbean_Netherlands
>
> Politically, historically and geographically, these islands can be
> grouped in many different ways with different names, see
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Caribbean#Grouping_of_islands
> Which doesn't make it easier. Calling it Dutch Caribbean is the least
> best name of the three options, I think.
>
> Even though the name *Netherlands Antilles* indeed as a political
> entity no longer exists, see
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands_Antilles Advantage of this
> name, is that it doesn't favor certain islands because of the current
> political construct (in which only a few are officially in Caribbean
> Netherlands).
>
> I think that is the best name to use, as it is also closer to what is
> used in the Dutch language. Nobody talks about the /Caraïbische
> Nederlanden/.

Fredrik, I have check a bit with people from there. It is indeed not
easy, but Dutch Caribbean covers it best, see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Caribbean This is also the name with
the least confusion with regard to previously existing political and
administrative entities. Could you use that, so at least the download
becomes available. If people object, we can always change the name.