Or do like struts and stick an extension on there. Struts uses *.do. Here are the JkMounts for an app running on 4.1.12 on Solaris, using struts:

   JkMount /myApp/*.do  ajp13
   JkMount /myApp/*.jsp  ajp13

At that point, AFAIK, Tomcat will use the URL mapping in web.xml to determine which actual servlet to execute. So, if you have something like this in your URL:

http://some.host.com/myApp/ShoppingCart.do?some_queryString

then the JkMount would send it to Tomcat, and in your web.xml you'd have something like:

<servlet>
 <servlet-name>ShoppingCartServlet</servlet-name>
 <servlet-class>com.your.package.ShoppingCart</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
 <servlet-name>ShoppingCartServlet</servlet-name>
 <url-pattern>/myApp/ShoppingCart.do</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Or am I not understanding the goal?

John