You don't have to use the Invoker...my point was that typically (at least from what I have seen) people put their publicly accessible servlets in one place. If they're all in one place, and typically there aren't any other types of files sitting in the servlets directory other than servlets, you can use a mapping like "/app/servlet/*" as a way of telling Tomcat "handle all requests for that folder".

Another example, such as the case with struts, is to use something like "/*.do" to handle servlets.

John

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:04:26 -0500, Mike Curwen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not using Tomcat's servlet invoker.
So I don't have a single 'some-string-here' (ie /servlet) that I can
use. Or do I?

-----Original Message-----
From: John Turner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 11:00 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: possibly off topic: workers2.properties question

Sure, that could be done, but I honestly don't see the value. The only way this is "better" or "easier" is if you have your servlets spread out all over the place. Otherwise, you can handle everything you need with two mappings:

/app/*.jsp
/app/some-string-here/*

Since Tomcat doesn't "do" anything with any other type of file, and since Apache is perfectly capable of handling every other file type besides JSP and servlet, what's the need for more functionality? I'm not arguing, just wondering what the advantage is.

John

-- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/