Whatever the issue, it seems specific to 1.1a11 Torque.

Briefly, I fed my project-schema.xml file in and ran "build-project.bat
project-om" to build the required database classes. I then extended one
class to provide a listItems() method that just did a doSelect(criteria)
for the entire table. Result was a null vector.

Rather than try to figure this out (I'm using Turbine on a project with
a tight deadline at the moment), I downloaded 1.1a10, installed it, and
ran my project-schema.xml through that Torque. I collected the resulting
om/* files and replaced all of those in the 1.1a11 om/ directory. I
added the same method again (listItems) that does exactly the same call
to doSelect and it works.

Prior to this, to confirm that JDBC itself was not the problem, I hacked
out a method that used JDBC directly to do the select and that worked as
well.

Net result was that the Torque output from 1.1a11 produced compilable
code that did not produce a valid output. Torque output from 1.1a10
produced compilable code that does, in fact, work as expected.

I am using JDK 1.3 on Windows NT (SP 6, I believe - customer supplied
machine) at the moment.

My current deadline for this is fairly short so I am going to get this
operational in the next 10 days. If I have any free time after that, I
would be glad to return to this and explore it more but for now, I have
a working solution and I need to attend to my client's needs.

--
David Ramsey -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(713) 345-6843 (work)