I think you are missing the point, John.

I have a form with fields named "ID", "NAME" and "PROCEDURE_NAME" since the
database table (already defined) has these three columns.

When I do this:
    SlaType sla = new SlaType();
    data.getParameters().setProperties(sla);

the third field of the sla object does not get properly populated by
setProperties() although the ID and NAME fields are. However, if I manually
extend SlaType and add a method:

public void setProcedure_name(String s)
{
  setProcedureName(s); // Call the autogenerated one...
}

and THEN call setProperties(), the field is correctly populated. I've not
checked out the CVS sources for this (I am working from the TDK) but it
seems that setProperties is converting the property name directly to a
string (with some case folding along the way) and attempting to call that
method. This fails for column names with underscores in the middle of the
name.

So if the "correct" answer is to remove the underscores, then as an
alternate question, is there a mechanism to "coax" setProperties() into
finding the correct autogenerated method when the column name contains
underscores?