Dear sri Ramakrishnan,

     I do ot know Ubuntu or Fedora. In fact I installed ubuntu but miserably
failed to make  use of it as I am not very comfortable with it.

  But as a frequent user of pagemaker and its counterpart serif PagePlus, I
would liike to say both do not support unicode. That is the problem. Please try
to type in TISCII fonts or get shrilipi fonts and both Pagemaker and PagePlus
will present no problem.

அடியேன்,தாஸன்,தி.இரகுவீரதயாள்,C/O ஸ்ரீரங்கம் ஸ்ரீமத் ஆண்டவன்
ஆச்ரமம்,திருப்புல்லாணி 623532
ph: 04567-254242cell: 9443301091