Hi,

Please read my comments:

1)Ignite generally doesn't support changing of the cache configuration without re-creation of the the cache. But for SQL caches that were created via QueryEntity or CREATE TABLE you can add and remove the columns using ALTER TABLE commands:

https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/alter-table
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cache-queries#query-configuration-using-queryentity
https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/create-table
2)First of all, you can use the following options:

https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/3rd-party-store#section-read-through-and-write-through

Read through can load the requested keys from DB
Write through will load all the updates to DB.

In case if you require some cache invalidation or refresh then you can create some cron job for it.

3)I guess that loadCache is the only to do it. It will filter the values that have already existed in the cache.

https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/IgniteCache.html#loadCache-org.apache.ignite.lang.IgniteBiPredicate-java.lang.Object...-

4)You can use a different subset of integrations that can do distributed streaming to Ignite like Spark or Kafka:

https://apacheignite-mix.readme.io/docs/getting-started

BR,
Andrei