I can’t see another way of letting . Net know that it can’t have access to
all the ‘free’ memory in the process when a large slab of that is spoken
for in terms of memory commutes to Ignite data regions.

In the current setup, as time goes on and Ignite progressively fills the
allocated cache ram then system behaviour changes and can result in out of
memory issues. I think I would prefer consistent system behaviour wrt to
allocated resources from the start.

Raymond.

On Tue, 11 Jul 2023 at 3:57 PM, Pavel Tupitsyn <ptupit...@apache.org> wrote:

> Are you sure this is necessary?
>
> GC.AddMemoryPressure documentation [1] states that this will "improve
> performance only for types that exclusively depend on finalizers".
>
> [1]
> https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.gc.addmemorypressure?view=net-7.0
>
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 1:02 AM Raymond Wilson <raymond_wil...@trimble.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm making changes to add memory pressure to the GC to take into account
>> memory committed to the Ignite data regions as this will be unmanaged
>> memory allocations from the perspective of the GC.
>>
>> I don't call seeing anything related to this for .Net clients in the
>> documentation. Are you aware of any?
>>
>> Raymond.
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 10, 2023 at 9:41 PM Raymond Wilson <
>> raymond_wil...@trimble.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Pavel, this makes sense.
>>>
>>> Querying the .Net Process instance shows this as the difference between
>>> PagesMemorySize (includes committed) versus WorkingSet (includes
>>> uses/written to) size.
>>> Raymond.
>>>

>> --
>> <http://www.trimble.com/>
>> Raymond Wilson
>> Trimble Distinguished Engineer, Civil Construction Software (CCS)
>> 11 Birmingham Drive |
>> <https://www.google.com/maps/search/11+Birmingham+Drive%C2%A0%7C%C2%A0+Christchurch,+New+Zealand?entry=gmail&source=g>Christchurch,
>> New Zealand
>> <https://www.google.com/maps/search/11+Birmingham+Drive%C2%A0%7C%C2%A0+Christchurch,+New+Zealand?entry=gmail&source=g>
>> raymond_wil...@trimble.com
>>

>> <https://worksos.trimble.com/?utm_source=Trimble&utm_medium=emailsign&utm_campaign=Launch>
>>
> --
<http://www.trimble.com/>
Raymond Wilson
Trimble Distinguished Engineer, Civil Construction Software (CCS)
11 Birmingham Drive | Christchurch, New Zealand