Yeah. I think the reason HBase can pretty easily use something like Alluxio or
S3 and Kudu can't as easily do it is because HBase already relied on external
storage (HDFS) for replication so substituting another storage system with
similar properties doesn't really amount to an architectural change for them.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone