Yes, we took Kudu for a test run using 0.6 and 0.7 versions. But, since it’s
not “production-ready”, upper management doesn’t want to fully deploy it yet.
They just want to keep an eye on it though. Kudu was so much simpler and easier
to use in every aspect compared to HBase. Impala was great for the report
writers and analysts to experiment with for the short time it was up. But, once
again, the only blocker was the lack of Spark support for our Data
Developers/Scientists. So, production-level data population won’t happen until
then.

I hope this helps you get an idea where I am coming from…

Cheers,
Ben