On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 5:39 PM, Benjamin Kim <bbuil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Todd,
>
> I changed the key to be what you suggested, and I can’t tell the
> difference since it was already fast. But, I did get more numbers.

Yea, you won't see a substantial difference until you're inserting billions
of rows, etc, and the keys and/or bloom filters no longer fit in cache.

> > 104M rows in Kudu table
> - read: 8s
> - count: 16s
> - aggregate: 9s
>
> The time to read took much longer from 0.2s to 8s, counts were the same
> 16s, and aggregate queries look longer from 6s to 9s.
>

> I’m still impressed.

We aim to please ;-) If you have any interest in writing up these
experiments as a blog post, would be cool to post them for others to learn
from.

-Todd