On Tue, 26 Sept 2023 at 01:09, Peter Boy <p...@boy-digital.de> wrote:

> Hi Maxim
>
> > Am 25.09.2023 um 11:50 schrieb Maxim Solodovnik <solomax...@gmail.com>:
> >
> > Hello Peter,
> >
> > On Mon, 25 Sept 2023 at 13:56, Peter Boy <p...@boy-digital.de> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>

> >> I get the same message on screen: "Media server connection for user XXX is
> >> failed, will try to re-connect“ as described in the post mentioned above.
> >>

> > This is most probably caused by missing/misconfigured TURN server
>
> Yes, in the meantime I found a clear error message (see my other reply). But
> no idea how to fix it.
>

> > Shame on me :(
> > I never configured secure TURN server :(
> >
> > Have used non-secured all the time :(
>
> OK, if it is basically able to work insecure, it’s fine for me, too.
>

> >> c) is there an Ansible playbook for OpenMeetings Installation anywhere (my
> >> search was unsuccessful)?
> >>

> > Alvaro's instructions are most detailed one :(
> > I, personally, use the process "described" in
> > https://github.com/openmeetings/openmeetings-docker/
> >
> > Most probably I'll create another Docker for Ubuntu 22 .... (Maybe with KMS)
>
> Thanks, that may give me some hints how to do it natively in Fedora

Our current demo server (and Dockerized Ubuntu 22) versions will work
with Dokerized KMS
KMS natively supports Ubuntu 20 only :(

TURN server (listening ports 3478 TCP+UDP  AND ports being used for
proxy 49152:65535 UDP IN-OUT) should be public
In all my configurations I'm using TURN at the same server as OM and KMS

Coturn config should be as simple as
https://lists.apache.org/thread/x4rl7xjq6fnfy6nyl5c6lhmp57fdf4br

`openmeetings.properties` file should have

### localhost IP in case KMS and OM are at the same server
kurento.ws.url=ws://127.0.0.1:8888/kurento

### this URL must be *Public* IP+PORT, like 8.8.8.8:3478
kurento.turn.url=

### can be any string, for ex: fedora-user
kurento.turn.user=

### this one should match *static-auth-secret* fron coturn config
kurento.turn.secret=

kurento.turn.mode=rest

hope this helps :)

> >> d) Another more general question is:
> >>
> >> The starting point for my exploration of OpenMeeting is a search for a
> >> stable video conferencing system that we can introduce into Fedora Server
> >> as a new "specifically supported service".  If I can manage to get a
> >> stable and reproducible test installation, I would then have to compile
> >> OpenMeetings including Kurento from source and build a corresponding RPM.
> >> Kurento is likely to be particularly elaborate. But there was at least a
> >> CentOS 7 rpm. Then it should actually be possible with Fedora, too.
> >>
> >> Do you consider that a feasible project? Or is the OpenMeetings build
> >> system too complex and highly idiosyncratic? I would certainly have some
> >> more questions than I do have now. Would that be feasible with the mailing
> >> list or does it blow up the resources?
> >
> > OM build is as simple as `mvn clean install` :)
> > KMS build might be more complicated ... :(
>
> OK, if OM is standard maven, it should not be that difficult. And KMS, I’ll
> see.
>

> > I will be happy to answer your questions :)
>

> Thanks, I hope I will not have too many questions. :-)
>

> Thanks for your support!
>

> --
> Peter Boy
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pboy
> p...@fedoraproject.org
>
> Timezone: CET (UTC+1) / CEST /UTC+2)
>
> Fedora Server Edition Working Group member
> Fedora Docs team contributor and board member
> Java developer and enthusiast

Maxim