Arush,

As for #2 do you mean something like this from the docs:

// sc is an existing SparkContext.val sqlContext = new
org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext(sc)
sqlContext.sql("CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS src (key INT, value
STRING)")sqlContext.sql("LOAD DATA LOCAL INPATH
'examples/src/main/resources/kv1.txt' INTO TABLE src")
// Queries are expressed in HiveQLsqlContext.sql("FROM src SELECT key,
value").collect().foreach(println)

Or did you have something else in mind?

-Todd