I am a little confused here, why do you want to create the tables in hive.
You want to create the tables in spark-sql, right?

If you are not able to find the same tables through tableau then thrift is
connecting to a diffrent metastore than your spark-shell.

One way to specify a metstore to thrift is to provide the path to
hive-site.xml while starting thrift using --files hive-site.xml.

similarly you can specify the same metastore to your spark-submit or
sharp-shell using the same option.

--

[image: Sigmoid Analytics] <http://htmlsig.com/www.sigmoidanalytics.com>

*Arush Kharbanda* || Technical Teamlead