Ah I see, I think it's because you've launched the Mesos slave in a docker
container, and when you launch also the executor in a container it's not
able to mount in the sandbox to the other container since the slave is in a
chroot.

Can you try mounting in a volume from the host when you launch the slave
for your slave's workdir?
docker run -v /tmp/mesos/slave:/tmp/mesos/slave mesos_image mesos-slave
--work_dir=/tmp/mesos/slave ........

Tim

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 4:42 AM, Ashish Soni <asoni.le...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.main(SparkSubmit.scala:121)
> at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit.main(SparkSubmit.scala)
>
> When i do docker inspect i see below command gets issued
>
> "Cmd": [
>             "-c",
>             "./bin/spark-submit --name org.apache.spark.examples.SparkPi
> --master mesos://10.0.2.15:5050 --driver-cores 1.0 --driver-memory 1024M
> --class org.apache.spark.examples.SparkPi
> $*MESOS_SANDBOX*/spark-examples-1.6.0-hadoop2.6.0.jar
> "
>

> On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 12:09 AM, Tim Chen <t...@mesosphere.io> wrote:
>
>> You shouldn't need to specify --jars at all since you only have one jar.
>>
>> The error is pretty odd as it suggests it's trying to load
>> /opt/spark/Example but that doesn't really seem to be anywhere in your
>> image or command.
>>
>> Can you paste your stdout from the driver task launched by the cluster
>> dispatcher, that shows you the spark-submit command it eventually ran?
>>

>> Tim
>>

>> On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 5:42 PM, Ashish Soni <asoni.le...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> See below  and Attached the Dockerfile to build the spark image  (
>>> between i just upgraded to 1.6 )
>>>
>>> I am running below setup -
>>>
>>> Mesos Master - Docker Container
>>> Mesos Slave 1 - Docker Container
>>> Mesos Slave 2 - Docker Container
>>> Marathon -         Docker Container
>>> Spark MESOS Dispatcher - Docker Container
>>>
>>> when i submit the Spark PI Example Job using below command
>>>
>>> *docker run -it --rm -m 2g -e SPARK_MASTER="mesos://10.0.2.15:7077
>>> <http://10.0.2.15:7077>"  -e SPARK_IMAGE="spark_driver:**latest"
>>> spark_driver:latest ./bin/spark-submit  --deploy-mode cluster --name "PI
>>> Example" --class org.apache.spark.examples.**SparkPi
>>> http://10.0.2.15/spark-examples-1.6.0-hadoop2.6.0.jar
>>> <http://10.0.2.15/spark-examples-1.6.0-hadoop2.6.0.jar> --jars
>>> /opt/spark/lib/spark-examples-**1.6.0-hadoop2.6.0.jar --verbose*
>>>
>>> Below is the ERROR
>>> Error: Cannot load main class from JAR file:/opt/spark/Example
>>> Run with --help for usage help or --verbose for debug output
>>>

>>> When i docker Inspect for the stopped / dead container i see below
>>> output what is interesting to see is some one or executor replaced by
>>> original command with below in highlighted and i do not see Executor is
>>> downloading the JAR -- IS this a BUG i am hitting or not sure if that is
>>> supposed to work this way and i am missing some configuration
>>>
>>> "Env": [
>>>             "SPARK_IMAGE=spark_driver:latest",
>>>             "SPARK_SCALA_VERSION=2.10",
>>>             "SPARK_VERSION=1.6.0",
>>>             "SPARK_EXECUTOR_URI=
>>> http://d3kbcqa49mib13.cloudfront.net/spark-1.6.0-bin-hadoop2.6.tgz";,
>>>             "MESOS_NATIVE_JAVA_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/libmesos-0.25.0.so",
>>>             "SPARK_MASTER=mesos://10.0.2.15:7077",
>>>
>>> "SPARK_EXECUTOR_OPTS=-Dspark.executorEnv.MESOS_NATIVE_JAVA_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/
>>> libmesos-0.25.0.so -Dspark.jars=