I made some progress but now i am stuck at this point , Please help as
looks like i am close to get it working

I have everything running in docker container including mesos slave and
master

When i try to submit the pi example i get below error
*Error: Cannot load main class from JAR file:/opt/spark/Example*

Below is the command i use to submit as a docker container

docker run -it --rm -e SPARK_MASTER="mesos://10.0.2.15:7077"  -e
SPARK_IMAGE="spark_driver:latest" spark_driver:latest ./bin/spark-submit
--deploy-mode cluster --name "PI Example" --class
org.apache.spark.examples.SparkPi --driver-memory 512m --executor-memory
512m --executor-cores 1
http://10.0.2.15/spark-examples-1.6.0-hadoop2.6.0.jar