Yes, I can see the messages. Also, I wrote a quick custom decoder for avro and
it works fine for the following:

>> kvs = KafkaUtils.createDirectStream(ssc, [topic], {"metadata.broker.list":
>> brokers}, valueDecoder=decoder)

But, when I use the Confluent Serializers to leverage the Schema Registry
(based on the link shown below), it doesn’t work for me. I am not sure whether
I need to configure any more details to consume the Schema Registry. I can
fetch the schema from the schema registry based on is Ids. The decoder method
is not returning any values for me.

~Muthu