I think that if the Confluent deserializer cannot fetch the schema for the
avro message (key and/or value), you end up with no data. You should check
the logs of the Schemaregistry, it should show the HTTP requests it
receives so you can check if the deserializer can connect to it and if so,
what the response code looks like.

If you use the Confluent serializer, each avro message is first serialized
and afterwards the schema id is added to it. This way, the Confluent
deserializer can fetch the schema id first and use it to lookup the schema
in the Schemaregistry.

--
Jan Uyttenhove
Streaming data & digital solutions architect @ Insidin bvba

j...@insidin.com
+32 474 56 24 39

https://twitter.com/xorto
https://www.linkedin.com/in/januyttenhove

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. It may contain
privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any
form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message is strictly
prohibited. Whilst all efforts are made to safeguard e-mails, the sender
cannot guarantee that attachments are virus free or compatible with your
systems and does not accept liability in respect of viruses or computer
problems experienced.