I am looking at ORC. I insert the data using the following query.

sqlContext.sql("  CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE IF NOT EXISTS records (id STRING,
record STRING) PARTITIONED BY (datePartition STRING, idPartition STRING)
stored as ORC LOCATION '/user/users' ")
      sqlContext.sql("  orc.compress= SNAPPY")
      sqlContext.sql(
        """ from recordsTemp ps   insert overwrite table users
partition(datePartition , idPartition )  select ps.id, ps.record ,
ps.datePartition, ps.idPartition  """.stripMargin)

On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 12:37 AM, Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebza...@gmail.com