ok is the staging table used as staging only.

you can create a staging *directory^ where you put your data there (you can
put 100s of files there) and do an insert/select that will take data from
100 files into your main ORC table.

I have an example of 100's of CSV files insert/select from a staging
external table into an ORC table.

My point is you are more likely interested in doing analysis on ORC table
(read internal) rather than using staging table.

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com