I got the error during run time. It was for mongo-spark-connector class
files.
My build.sbt is like this

name := "Test Advice Project"
version := "1.0"
scalaVersion := "2.10.6"
libraryDependencies ++= Seq(
    "org.mongodb.spark" %% "mongo-spark-connector" % "1.0.0",
    "org.apache.spark" %% "spark-core" % "1.6.1" % "provided",
    "org.apache.spark" %% "spark-sql" % "1.6.1" % "provided"
)

assemblyMergeStrategy in assembly := {
   case PathList("META-INF", xs @ _*) => MergeStrategy.discard
   case x => MergeStrategy.first
}

and I create the fat jar using sbt assembly
I have also added addSbtPlugin("com.eed3si9n" % "sbt-assembly" % "0.14.3")
in ~/.sbt/0.13/plugins/plugins.sbt for sbt assembly to work.

I think when you use provided it does not include those jars in your fat
jar.

I am using spark 1.6

Thanks
Sachin