No there isn't anything in particular, beyond the various bits of
serialization support that write out something to put in your storage
to begin with. What you do with it after reading and before writing is
up to your app, on purpose.

If you mean you're producing data outside the model that your model
uses, your model data might be produced by an RDD operation, and saved
that way. There it's no different than anything else you do with RDDs.

What part are you looking to automate beyond those things? that's most of it.