hey everyone-

this concept of deploying your Spark ML Pipelines and Algos into Production
(user-facing production) has been coming up a lot recently.

so much so, that i've dedicated the last few months of my research and
engineering efforts to build out the infrastructure to support this in a
highly-scalable, highly-available way.

i've combined my Netflix + NetflixOSS work experience with my
Databricks/IBM + Spark work experience into an open source project,
PipelineIO, here:  http://pipeline.io

we're even serving up TensorFlow AI models using the same infrastructure -
incorporating key patterns from TensorFlow Distributed + TensorFlow Serving!

everything is open source, based on Docker + Kubernetes + NetflixOSS +
Spark + TensorFlow + Redis + Hybrid Cloud + On-Premise + Kafka + Zeppelin +
Jupyter/iPython with a heavy emphasis on metrics and monitoring of models
and server production statistics.

we're doing code generation directly from the saved Spark ML models (thanks
Spark 2.0 for giving us save/load parity across all models!) for optimized
model serving using both CPUs and GPUs, incremental training of models,
autoscaling, the whole works.

our friend from Netflix, Chaos Monkey, even makes a grim appearance from
time to time to prove that we're resilient to failure.

take a peek.  it's cool.  we've come a long way in the last couple months,
and we've got a lot of work left to do, but the core infrastructure is in
place, key features have been built, and we're moving quickly.

shoot me an email if you'd like to get involved.  lots of TODO's.

we're dedicating my upcoming Advanced Spark and TensorFlow Meetup on August
4th in SF to demo'ing this infrastructure to you all.

here's the link:
http://www.meetup.com/Advanced-Spark-and-TensorFlow-Meetup/events/231457813/

video recording + screen capture will be posted afterward, as always.

we've got a workshop dedicated to building an end-to-end Spark ML and
Kafka-based Recommendation Pipeline - including the PipelineIO serving
platform.  link is here:  http://pipeline.io

and i'm finishing a blog post soon to detail everything we've done so far -
and everything we're actively building.  this post will be available on
http://pipeline.io - as well as cross-posted to a number of my favorite
engineering blogs.

global demo roadshow starts 8/8.  shoot me an email if you want to see all
this in action, otherwise i'll see you at a workshop or meetup near you!  :)