Jon,

On 4/17/24 13:26, Mcalexander, Jon J. wrote:
Thank you. The documentation makes it somewhat confusing because it
starts out that a Valve can exist in Engine, Host, and Context
Containers, and then in the subsequent valve list is the
ErrorReportValve, but it doesn’t make it clear as to where it can go.
If we put one in the Engine container, does it then also cover the
Host containers since <Host is nested in <Engine, or do those still
need to have the Valve defined?
If you are willing to write-up a documentation patch, we can commit it for you.

-chris

From: Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2024 10:44 AM
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Question on the ErrorReportValve

пн, 15 апр. 2024 г. в 19: 37, Mcalexander, Jon J. <jonmcalexander@ wellsfargo. com.
invalid>: > > Hi all! > Quick question on the ErrorReportValve and location within
the server. xml file. I know that typically this would be inside

<jonmcalexan...@wellsfargo.com.invalid<mailto:jonmcalexan...@wellsfargo.com.invalid>>:

Hi all!

Quick question on the ErrorReportValve and location within the server.xml file. I know that
typically this would be inside the <Host...></Host> element, but if you have Multiple
<Host> elements, do you add the valve to each Host section, or can it be placed at the
Engine or even Server level?

Unlikely.

A Valve is expected to be in a certain place on the request processing pipeline.

Note that a Host has an attribute named errorReportValveClass. If you

do not specify a Valve explicitly, a default one will be created.

Best regards,

Konstantin Kolinko

For additional commands, e-mail:
users-h...@tomcat.apache.org<mailto:users-h...@tomcat.apache.org>