On Tue, Dec 19, 2023 at 10:00 AM Andrei Borzenkov <arvidj...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 19, 2023 at 10:41 AM Artem <tyom...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dec 19 09:48:13 lustre-mds2.ntslab.ru pacemaker-schedulerd[785107]
> (update_resource_action_runnable)    warning: OST4_stop_0 on lustre4 is
> unrunnable (node is offline)
> > Dec 19 09:48:13 lustre-mds2.ntslab.ru pacemaker-schedulerd[785107]
> (recurring_op_for_active)    info: Start 20s-interval monitor for OST4 on
> lustre3
> > Dec 19 09:48:13 lustre-mds2.ntslab.ru pacemaker-schedulerd[785107]
> (log_list_item)      notice: Actions: Stop       OST4        (     lustre4
> )  blocked
>
> This is the default for the failed stop operation. The only way
> pacemaker can resolve failure to stop a resource is to fence the node
> where this resource was active. If it is not possible (and IIRC you
> refuse to use stonith), pacemaker has no other choice as to block it.
> If you insist, you can of course sert on-fail=ignore, but this means
> unreachable node will continue to run resources. Whether it can lead
> to some corruption in your case I cannot guess.

Don't know if I'm reading that correctly but I understand what you had
written
above that you try to trigger the failover by stopping the VM (lustre4)
without
ordered shutdown.
With fencing disabled what we are seeing is exactly what we would expect:
The state of the resource is unknown - pacemaker tries to stop it - doesn't
work
as the node is offline - no fencing configured - so everything it can do is
wait
till there is info if the resource is up or not.
I guess the strange output below is because of fencing disabled - quite an
unusual - also not recommended - configuration and so this might not have
shown up too often in that way.

Klaus