On 19.12.2023 21:42, Artem wrote:
Andrei and Klaus thanks for prompt reply and clarification!
As I understand, design and behavior of Pacemaker is tightly coupled with
the stonith concept. But isn't it too rigid?

If you insist on shooting yourself in the foot, pacemaker gives you the gun. It just does not load it by default and does not shoot itself.

Seriously, this topic has been beaten to death. Just do some research.

You can avoid fencing and rely on quorum in shared-nothing case. The prime example that I have seen is NetApp C-Mode ONTAP where the set of management processes go read-only preventing any modification when node(s) go(es) out of quorum. But as soon as you have shared resource, ignoring fencing will lead to data corruption sooner or later.

Is there a way to leverage self-monitoring or pingd rules to trigger
isolated node to umount its FS? Like vSphere High Availability host
isolation response.
Can resource-stickiness=off (auto-failback) decrease risk of corruption by
unresponsive node coming back online?
Is there a quorum feature not for cluster but for resource start/stop? Got
lock - is welcome to mount, unable to refresh lease - force unmount.
Can on-fail=ignore break manual failover logic (stopped will be considered
as failed and thus ignored)?

best regards,
Artem