On Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at 12:03 AM Jochen <piled.em...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When trying to add a remote node to an opt-in cluster, the cluster does not
> start the remote resource. When I change the cluster to opt-out the remote
> resource is started.
>
> I guess I have to add a location constraint to allow the cluster to schedule
> the resource. Is that correct?
>
> And if yes, how do I create a location constraint to allow the cluster to
> start the remote resource anywhere on the cluster? Since I don't want to name
> each node in the constraint, I looked for a rule that always is true, or an
> attribute that is defined by default, but did not find one. I then tried
>
>         crm configure location skylla-location skylla rule
> skylla-location-rule: defined '#uname'
>
> But this did not work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Strange. I wonder if this is something specific to remote connection
resources. (I'm not able to test that right now.) What's your
Pacemaker version and can you share the CIB XML?

The rule that you've described works for me (using a resource that's
not a remote connection resource):

    <constraints>
      <rsc_location id="location-dummy" rsc="dummy">
        <rule id="location-dummy-rule" score="0">
          <expression id="location-dummy-rule-expr"
operation="defined" attribute="#uname"/>
        </rule>
      </rsc_location>
    </constraints>

> Regards