On 23.04.2024 19:40, Jochen wrote:

On 23. Apr 2024, at 17:41, Andrei Borzenkov <arvidj...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 23.04.2024 10:02, Jochen wrote:
When trying to add a remote node to an opt-in cluster, the cluster does not
start the remote resource. When I change the cluster to opt-out the remote
resource is started.

It's not clear what do you mean. Is "remote resource" the resource used to integrate the
remote node (i.e. ocf:pacemaker:remote) or is the "remote resource" a resource you want
to start on the remote node itself?

The "ocf:pacemaker:remote" resource to integrate the remote node.

I guess I have to add a location constraint to allow the cluster to schedule
the resource. Is that correct?
And if yes, how do I create a location constraint to allow the cluster to start the remote resource anywhere on the cluster?

Quoting documentation:

If most of your resources can run on most of the nodes, then an opt-out arrangement is likely to result in a simpler configuration.

If your resource can run anywhere, what exactly is the point of opt-in?

Since I don't want to name each node in the constraint, I looked for a rule
that always is true, or an attribute that is defined by default, but did not
find one. I then tried
        crm configure location skylla-location skylla rule
skylla-location-rule: defined '#uname'
But this did not work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Jochen