On 01/23/2014 02:39 PM, Tony Godshall wrote:
> I may have forgotten to mention that I have OpenOffice 4.0.x and
> LibreOffice 4.1.x on the same computers.
>
> That may me an issue, I'm thinking now.
Yes could be.

> I've set up a couple of users as a test case- one with OpenOffice
> 4.0.x only, and one with LibreOffice 4.1.x only.
:)

> And I also should have mentioned that the source of the programs is
> from openoffice.org and libreoffice.org, from the tar.gz of deb files,
> installed with dpkg -i without complaints.
We generally recommend you install from PPA's not from the website. Our
debian packages on the website are not packaged explicitly for Ubuntu --
much better to stick to PPA's which are packaged by Bjoern (Canonical
employee) specifically for Ubuntu. If I were you, I'd purge LIbreOffice
completely and install through ppa without OpenOffice installed.

Best,
Joel