I have a few URLs containing square brackets like http://example.org/foo[1]bar
I can create a TDB2 dataset without much problems, with warnings but no errors.
I can also query these nodes "indirectly", that is if I query them by some
property and not by URI. My problem is that I cannot query them directly by
URI. As soon as I try to use the URIs explicitly in a query, for example
"DESCRIBE <http://example.org/foo[1]bar>", I receive this error

ERROR SPARQL          :: [line: 1, col: 10] Bad IRI:
'http://example.org/foo[1]bar': <http://example.org/foo[1]bar> Code:
0/ILLEGAL_CHARACTER in PATH: The character violates the grammar rules for
URIs/IRIs.

I tried escaping, "foo\[1\]bar" but it doesn't work.
I tried converting from a string, FILTER(?id =
URI("http://example.org/foo[1]bar";)) but it doesn't work
What else could I try?