This is another potential use-case for message metadata. i.e., if we
had a DC/environment field in the header you could easily set up a
two-way mirroring pipeline. The mirror-maker can just filter out
messages that originated in the source cluster. For this to be
efficient the mirror maker should run in the source cluster. (We
traditionally run it in the target cluster but there is no hard and
fast requirement that it be set up that way).

Thanks,

Joel