Hi Steven,

That doesn't work. In your proposal mirrormaker in once DC would copy messages from topic A to the other DC in topic A. However, in the other DC there is a mirrormaker which does the same, creating a loop. Messages will be duplicated, triplicated, etc in a never ending loop.

Mirroring to another topic would work (mirrormaker doesn't support that), and so would mirroring to another cluster. Neha's proposal would work also but I assume its a lot more work for the Kafka internals and therefor IMHO wouldn't meet the kiss principle.

Kind regards,
    Erik.