Todd,

Actually I'm wondering how kafka handle so much partition, with one
partition there is at least one file on disk, and with 4000 partition,
there will be at least 4000 files.

When all these partitions have write request, how did Kafka make the write
operation on the disk to be sequential (which is emphasized in the design
document of Kafka) and make sure the disk access is effective?

Thank you for your reply.

xiaobinshe