I run a hybrid of xfce4 and mate, plus k3b and konqueror, on three
PCs, a laptop, and a tablet. Tweaking all that after a fresh install
involves literally 1.5 - 2 days per machine, going through fine print in
yumex, finding things I can delete and others I can add.

        It would be well worth the risk to upgrade the whole shebang, two
or three times at least, between installs. But you can't do that with live
media, which seem to be all there is on the download site.

        There used to be options like fedup, or yum upgrade as opposed to
yum update. Is there a dnf equivalent? How/Where do I get it??