No, it's not a troll.

Thank-you for your otherwise completely irrelevant , unsolicited  and entirely
unhelpful opinion piece. I'm sorry for not realising Windows upsets you so much
and is therefore inferior, and for daring to ask if Linux has similar recovery
functionality, after being told the only answer is to completely start from
scratch. Clearly, I should have realised immediately that this means it's the
more resilient system.

I will immediately stop using my working windows partition and stare at my non
booting "grub> prompt instead. Also can you advise which bridge you wish for me
to jump off as punishment for my question?