On 05/28/2015 12:36 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
Before Fedora 22 was released all packages with broken dependencies
were fixed or retired/removed. It's part of the release process now.
When released, there were no known broken dependencies.

jd1008's message was difficult to interpret, but I *think* he means that from time to time, a package is deprecated, and future version of Fedora will not include it. However, on systems which have it installed, that package might depend on a specific version of one of its dependencies. Upgrades might fail because the that package can't be upgraded because an old, deprecated package requires it, but packages in the new Fedora release require it to be upgraded.

I don't have a good example, so let's illustrate that hypothetically. Let's say Fedora includes a terminal application written with boost libraries, "boost-terminal". That application requires boost version 1.53, which was included in the release with boost-terminal. The maintainer for boost-terminal goes away, and the package is deprecated. Upgrading Fedora to the next version might not complete successfully because the new release includes boost 1.54, which isn't compatible with the installed boost-terminal application, and can't be installed in parallel with boost 1.53.

And if that's not what jd meant, then I have no idea what he did. :)