On 7/31/2023 1:02 PM, Garret Wilson wrote:
Let me confirm something: if I disable the Nexus Staging Maven Plugin by using `<phase>none</phase>` in a child POM, what will happen when a developer types `mvn deploy`? Nothing? I only ask because Tamás had mentioned the Maven Deploy Plugin. But I'm looking at the latest [super POM](https://maven.apache.org/ref/3.9.3/maven-model-builder/super-pom.html), and it looks like Maven Deploy Plugin is only activated in the `performRelease` profile (which is to be removed anyway).

Oops, nope, it looks like Maven somewhere internally (not in the Super POM) still associates the Maven Deploy Plugin with the `deploy` phase: https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html#default-lifecycle-bindings-packaging-ejb-ejb3-jar-par-rar-war

(I see that Delany's response came as I was typing this; I'll still send it because of the documentation link and the summary.)

Garret