On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Igor Vaynberg <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 12:53 AM, Jeremy Thomerson
> <jer...@wickettraining.com> wrote:
> > Typically, I use LDM's for every place that I am viewing data, and a
> regular
> > serializable model for places that I'm editing data.  You must be able to
> > persist changes across requests (without persisting to the long-term
> > storage), which means that you'll need to be able to serialize things.
>
> this is not true :) the formcomponents themselves preserve the state
> so using an LDM for a form is feasible. the sequence is basically
>
> * load entity - model
> * call setters - form component models
> * flush/close session - somewhere

Right, which is why I said in the second paragraph:

 Only the fields that failed conversion or validation should be blank.
>  Others should have their data still in them in an unconverted form even
> though the converted / validated form has not been pushed to the model yet

In the first paragraph I should have been more clear - I use serializable
models for where I'm editing data and passing it to other pages (i.e.
multi-step wizards).  But, in this case, he seems to be in a single form, so
the components should still have state unless he's reinitializing them
somehow (redirecting to new page, etc).

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com