Hi Tom,

I am trying to hack into the vchkpw code. On line 224 of vchkpw.c, there
is a commentary:
/* Change to the users Maildir directory
 * don't do this for smtp authentication connections
 */

I have tried to comment the code below the commentary but even so when I
try to authenticate, vchkpw returns a error saying:
-ERR this user has no $HOME/Maildir

The best I could do was comment the line 296:
execvp(argv[1],argv+1);

But when I do this, the connection closes right after sending the
password.

Note that I am making two tests: using POP connections (all the error
messages above came from pop sessions), and using SMTP connections.
When using SMTP connections, I do the following:

chmod 4755 /var/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw
/var/qmail-in/bin/qmail-smtpd www.centralserver.com.br \
/var/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /bin/true 2>&1

On both cases, the authentication fails, aparently because I don't have
a local Maildir. Can you help me solving this?

I am using vpopmail 5.3.30.

Have a merry x-mas and a funny new year :P.

Best Regards,

Hélio Rubens Kamogawa
Central Server
http://www.centralserver.com.br