On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, [windows-1252] Hélio Rubens Kamogawa wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> I am trying to hack into the vchkpw code. On line 224 of vchkpw.c, there
> is a commentary:
> /* Change to the users Maildir directory
>  * don't do this for smtp authentication connections
>  */
>
> I have tried to comment the code below the commentary but even so when I
> try to authenticate, vchkpw returns a error saying:
> -ERR this user has no $HOME/Maildir
>
> The best I could do was comment the line 296:
> execvp(argv[1],argv+1);

[snip]

I don't know if this helps at all, but try commenting out the entire if
block.  In vchkpw.c for 5.4.0-pre1, this seems to be lines 227 to 245.

This piece of code seems to be devoted to verifying the existence of the
Maildir and creatign it if its not present.  From your previous emails,
this isn't a necessary check and you should be able to safely remove it.

One thing I'm not sure about, though, is if vchkpw.c tries to do anything
in particular with that directory later.

Sincerely,

Chris Ess
System Administrator / CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)