On 2/26/07, Robyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I'd like to revisit this discussion and come to some sort of a
>  conclusion.  What are the Pros/Cons of making Vloggercon the
>  videoblogging track at BarcampUSA?
>  I am working on some PR right now for BarcampUSA and if we could
>  decide whether or not the two are going to be involved, that would be
>  great.  Whatever is decided, I'm volunteering to help with Vloggercon,
>  regardless.  However, I'd love to see Vloggercon as a part of
>  BarcampUSA because I think both could benefit from the co-effort and
>  co-marketing.

I vote for doing it at http://www.barcampusa.org.

We've had Vloggercon on the East and West Coast...so lets do one for
the Heartland.
Its in the middle of the country, so its probably a long day's drive
to half the people on this list.
The folks on the Coast...just fly into Chicago..and we'll carpool 2 hours.
Those people in Europe....Chicago is a major hub.
You guys have VlogEurope in September, right?

BarCampUSA is August 23-26...so we have a good 6 months to get ready.
To me, I like that someone else will deal with the whole
infrastructure, logistics, renting the space, deal with parking,
internet, etc. Each of us will just have to pay $50 for the entire
time.

We can spend the next 6 months deciding how to have inventive panels,
long day trips where we record bugs, editing workshops that last for 4
days.

We have a big fund left over from last Vloggercon:
http://node101.pbwiki.com/Record%20of%20Vloggercon%20money
We could always use this for all kinds of fun things if we all agreed.
$16,000!!!

Since it's part of BarCamp...we'll probably have a good chance of
rubbing elbows with the Youtubers we keep talking about.

What do other people think?

jay

--
Here I am....