I think the confusion centres around this bit " I have quicktime pro
but you cant go 640x480 AND manipulate bitrate that I can figure out
because they don't have simple profile yet just base"

Unless something has changed recently and Im out of date, it is
baseline profile that you want to select to make ipod compatible h264.
simple profile is an older mpeg4 profile to the best of my knowledge.
o in advanced h264 settings, untick main and tick baseline. Then if
youve got the right res, framerate etc, you'll end up with ipod &
apple-tv compatible .mp4 files. The Apple TV can also work with h264
main profile, but it wont be ipod compatible if you use that (slightly
better quality) profile.

Other reasons to do it this way, apart from having control over
bitrate and ths filesize, is that quicktime would sometimes make bad
decisions about how to resize footage. Michael Verdi talked about this
quite a lot on the past, maybeit is better now that theyve gone for
alrger resolutions?

Anyway most of my experience on this is quicktime on the mac, but it
should be mostly the same on windows. The options may be selected ina
 slightly different place but should be mostly the same, baseline.

Cheers

Steve Elbows

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "David Meade" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>