>  What is the value of a link back to your independent vlog (where you
>  control the branding, experience, player, 100% of the advertising
>  and cross-promotions, merchandising, etc.) versus a revenue share on
>  a video destination site that doesn't offer you any of that control?
>  To put it another way, what dollar value would you put on 1,000
>  regular users on your site versus 1,000,000 views on YouTube?

why does it have to be one or the other?
Unless Youtube is paying to license your content, and you agree to
only host video on their site, then maybe this might make sense. (but
dont give up ownership to your work!!!)

Put the video on Youtube, but put it on you own site as well.
Put it other places too.

Why give Youtube so much power?
as we know in the web 2.0 world, the barrier to entry is a server.

jay

--
Here I am....
http://jaydedman.com