Thanks for taking the time to reply, Dave.

I won't ask you to wade back through my overlong posts - I was
obviously unclear, since you're arguing with points I wasn't making.

I was talking about a specific *type* of videoblog which seems to have
largely died out, following on from Clintus's video.

I wasn't attacking YouTube - I was just saying that it hasn't been a
very welcoming environment for the type of videos that I was talking
about.   I did try to spearhead a transition to YouTube a couple of
years ago, but it didn't take.

I'm not attacking you or chastising you for using YouTube.  I think
it's very inspiring that you've built such a successful videoblog
using YouTube.  Other people have their preferences and they voice
them vigorously, so I'm sorry if they've attacked you for using
YouTube - although I hadn't, and you argued with me that I had, so
maybe you see more attacks than there actually are.

Personally. I'm not that fussed - whatever works for the specific
project and type of content.   I'm working on two YouTube based
projects right now using YouTube annotations.

It's just that YouTube didn't work for the small community of people
making this specific type of content a couple of years ago.  So - no
argument.

Turns out from what Brook said that there is some of that type of
content on YouTube, it's just that I haven't found it.   So that's
exciting.  Still sad that the other stuff has gone, though.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv